This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
- A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
- A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
- Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.